Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

these may be dumb questions...

What does the "command" button do???

Also I have the new mac book air and I'm trying to download all of my photos that are on my iPhone onto my computer along with all of the photos from my previous iPhone which are stored on the cloud but when I log onto the cloud it won't allow me to access the backup from my previous iPhone.

Help please ☺️

MacBook Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 9:43 PM

The "command" button modifies other keys, much as the "shift" or "control" buttons do. Examples:

Command-C = copy to clipboard

Command-V = paste from clipboard

Regarding an iCloud backup of an iOS device, the only way to access that backup is to restore it to an iOS device. The only way to do that is to reset the iOS device by Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings (or take it out of the box for the first time). Then establish the iOS device's language, connect it to the internet, log in using the same Apple ID as the iCloud backup had, and choose "restore from iCloud backup".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 9:43 PM in response to mtbridge

The "command" button modifies other keys, much as the "shift" or "control" buttons do. Examples:

Command-C = copy to clipboard

Command-V = paste from clipboard

Regarding an iCloud backup of an iOS device, the only way to access that backup is to restore it to an iOS device. The only way to do that is to reset the iOS device by Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings (or take it out of the box for the first time). Then establish the iOS device's language, connect it to the internet, log in using the same Apple ID as the iCloud backup had, and choose "restore from iCloud backup".

these may be dumb questions...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.