Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer music from Apple Music to my old iPod classic (it doesn't have internet)?

I want to be able to listen to my music from my iPod classic which has a way better battery life than my iPhone. iTunes won't let me do this, anyone know why? Maybe the classic is just too old? It is the most recent one, but I'm not sure if the new iTunes would support it or not. Thanks in advance.

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 10:20 PM

5 replies

Jul 29, 2015 3:55 AM in response to TaylorC47

Specifically Apple Music is protected content streamed or downloaded for offline use using Apple's new service. The iPod classic doesn't have networking capabilities. If Apple Music were loaded on to a classic it could be used indefinitely without paying an on-going subscription. While it might have been possible to update the firmware in some fashion to harden up the clock functions so they couldn't be abused, and expire the content automatically, Apple have no incentive to do so. As given the classic is an abandoned line, expecting it to gain new features now is unrealistic.

tt2

How can I transfer music from Apple Music to my old iPod classic (it doesn't have internet)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.