Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut reinstall on 10.7.5

I have OSX 10.7.5. I had Final Cut Pro X, then my hard drive crashed and now I have to reinstall. However, it won't let me because I don't have 10.10 or later. What do I do?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:25 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:18 AM in response to allanfromwarradale

Any particular reason you have 10.7.5? The only valid one I can think of is if your mac does not support a more recent version.

If possible, you should update your OS.

If you can't, go to the Purchases area of the Mac App Store, and click Final Cut Pro. Does it not allow you to download a compatible version (which would go only up to 10.0.9)? Then you may have to contact Apple directly.

Jul 29, 2015 5:29 AM in response to allanfromwarradale

Let me add my 2¢. If you can run 10.7, you can run 10.8 (Mountain Lion). That is the minimum OS X version required to update to FCP X 10,0.9. SO that's one option, and depending on your computer, it may be the best one.

If your computer supports Yosemite, then you have more options. You can update to 10.10;. You may be able to make a separate partition on your system drive and install 10.10…or use a separate drive to accomplish the same thing. With a dual boot set-up, you can install the latest version (10.2.x) of Final Cut, which IMO is the best version by a wide margin of all the releases so far.

Russ

Final Cut reinstall on 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.