Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari slow starting

Hello and thank you for your attention.

I am having some trouble when I try to launch Safari, it keeps jumping for a while before it starts and sometimes it does not start at all.

I tried to clear my browsing history and data, clear my cache with CCleaner and resetting the NVRam but still pretty slow.
In the Console it says "Failed to obtain sandbox extension for path=/Users/redauser/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari.SearchHelper. Errno:1" and "deny file-issue-extension /Users/redauser/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari.SearchHelper".

I do not know what to do about, do you have any idea?

Thank you very much again.

Reda B.

PS System info: Macbook Pro retina 15" (late 2013), Yosemite 10.10.4, Safari 8.0.7

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Safari update to version 8.0.7

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:51 AM

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test.. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 6:51 AM in response to Redauser

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test.. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Safari slow starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.