Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion title not loading after FCPX restart

PROCESS:

- Created Title in Motion (Version 5.2.1) and saved as a template

- In FCPX (Version 10.2.1) dragged title to timeline

- Edited published parameters

- Exported video using compressor

- Closed FCPX

- Re-opened FCPX to edit a few minor details within timeline

ISSUE:

The titles that had previously worked, and that I was able to edit now no longer load, it constantly says loading title.

If I select the title in the timeline and then double click the title in the Inspector UI to replace the title, keeping the same edited parameters, FCPX hangs.

I have to manually delete the title off of the timeline and re-drag the title from the inspector, then I can edit it. This is causing major issues as I have to re-do all the titles before exporting again for a few minor timeline adjustments.

I really hope someone has a solution to this issue as I'm on a deadline and this is creating twice as much work.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:15 AM

A few things you could try:

- delete preferences (always a good thing to try, and mandatory after a crash). Hold down command and option while starting FCP X and confirm in the ensuing dialog

- make a new project; go to the old project, select all, copy; paste into the new project - it is possible that there was some corruption in the project that is causing problems

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 3:15 AM in response to rob_bullen

A few things you could try:

- delete preferences (always a good thing to try, and mandatory after a crash). Hold down command and option while starting FCP X and confirm in the ensuing dialog

- make a new project; go to the old project, select all, copy; paste into the new project - it is possible that there was some corruption in the project that is causing problems

Motion title not loading after FCPX restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.