Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Remote app doesn't show all music

Hello everyone. I have an interesting issue. I have iPhone 5S & iPad Air & rMBP Early'13. I always listen music at home with my macbook included itunes match and i always use ipad and iphone remote app. I think its very useful. All units have latest version of their os (8.4 & 10.10.4)

Yesterday I realise ios remote app doesn't show my all music. Still, it shows just only downloaded music. I can see and stream my all music in my macbook itunes but both remote app (ipad&iphone) doesnt show these. When I play not-downloaded song in my macbook, remote app shows now playing song but I never see another songs or albums. I can see genres but these seems empty 😟 I didnt update anything before that and I tried reinstall app and reconnect but problem is still here.

Do you have same issue and any idea solve this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:45 AM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 10:04 PM in response to kribmaetl

Country Code is whatever it would be for the USA.

I think it is related to the streaming function of Apple Music/iTunes Match. Remote App must only be recognizing traditional (stored on hard drive) music in iTunes on the system (Mac/PC) it's connecting too, rather than the stream-able library. I'd guess remote app is querying the actual file location, and thus only pulling up stuff on the hard drive.

But actually the fact that from remote app I can play playlists made up of only stream-able music, indicates that's not the case. So, I'm unsure. But it means it shouldn't be too much of a leap to resolve.

Same issue with Sonos at this time for me with stream-able collection from iTunes not wanting to dance.

iOS Remote app doesn't show all music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.