Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete photos from my iPad

Hello everyone,

I cannot seem to delete photos from my iPad 2. The photos must be synced ones because when I go in the Camera roll on the iPad it does not give me an option to delete them (the usual trash can icon is not there). When I plug the iPad into my MacBook Air and go on iTunes they do not show up.. I believe they were synced through iTunes on my old MacBook Pro which unfortunately completely died and cannot even be restarted again..

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you very much!

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:12 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2015 4:04 AM in response to eevster

IF the photos were synced from iTunes on a computer, the only way to remove them is to sync again and either deselect the photos in iTunes or sync an empty folder on the computer. Sometimes syncing an empty photos folder is the best way to remove all photos at once.

Connect the iPad to the Mac, launch iTunes, select the iPad in the devices tab, click on the photos tab and in the Copy Photos from drop down menu, select an empty folder from the desktop and then click on apply. That should remove the synced photos from the iPad. Obviously, you will have to creat an empty folder on your desktop first that you can select in order to do this.

Jul 29, 2015 4:45 AM in response to Demo

Thank you very much for your detailed description. Unfortunately I have tried this already and it does not work. I think it has to do with the fact that they were synced from a different iTunes with a MacBook Pro that is now not working anymore. I am trying to open the photos on my iTunes on my MacBook Air, but nothing is in there.. And I cannot even click on anything in the photos tab..

Cannot delete photos from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.