Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install Itunes on Windows 10

Hi I just upgraded and did a fresh install of Windows 10. Whenever I try to install itunes I get this error.User uploaded file

Not really sure what to do. Everything I have found online so far has been unhelpful. I ran in admin mode, compatibility mode, changed my amd video driver. It seems like a big mystery so far. It seems to have problems installing everything before Itunes in the packaged installer. This is the errors that pop up at the end of the install.
User uploaded file

This is the only program I have had problems installing since the upgrade. Thanks for any info.

ITUNES -OTHER, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:40 AM

36 replies

Jun 22, 2017 11:20 AM in response to walesfromgainesville

Download iTunes from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator.

If you have any anti-virus software it may help to temporarily disable it while installing iTunes.

It may also help to pre-install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

Jan 13, 2017 8:13 AM in response to eigerkaltenstein

Not sure if you still need assistance with this, but I had the same problem after purchasing a new windows 10 laptop recently. I tried many suggestions but the one that worked for me was downloading winrar (an unzip program on the web), then extracting the itunes download using winrar. It upacks the installation elements separately so you can install the Itunes Application support first, then Itunes Device support, etc. Until you have all the elements installed for Itunes to run smoothly.

Jul 29, 2015 5:03 AM in response to eigerkaltenstein

I'm just downloading upgrade, thanks for info - I'll see what happens once it's done (and make sure I do full sync & backup on iTunes before I install W10)

There is a blog on

https://miapple.me/itunes-12-compatible-to-windows-10-technical-preview/

which suggests you need to run as administrator

https://miapple.me/itunes-12-compatible-to-windows-10-technical-preview/

Jul 29, 2015 7:41 AM in response to eigerkaltenstein

I am having the same issue. Clean install of Windows 10 resulted in the inability to successfully install iTunes. Same set of errors ultimately leading to "error 2." I uninstalled my anti-virus and disabled Windows Defender, I also ran the installer "as an administrator" on the administrator account. I followed the uninstall guidelines on the support section to cleanly uninstall all of the Apple-related software as well.

What am I missing here? Is this a Windows 10-specific issue?

Jul 29, 2015 7:57 AM in response to Windows10iTunes

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

tt2

Jul 29, 2015 8:02 AM in response to turingtest2

I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade, just finished & iTunes is there with my libraries

However, I am now getting an error "iTunes could not back up the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected". Yet it is connected & shows charging both on iPhone and iTunes screen.

Done a reboot on PC & restarted iPhone but the same. I'll leave until tomorrow & if it's still happening I'll try removing & reinstalling iTunes

Cannot install Itunes on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.