Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'permissions' issue with exported iphoto pictures.

hello,

i’d like to be able to export photos from an album in iphoto and then view the photos individually (in preview, and perhaps share the files with other users not using iphoto.) I was told by a level 10 advisor to repost my question in this forum.

I have successfully exported the photos but when i try to open the newly exported photos i am confronted with the following message:

The file “IMG_8846.jpg” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.

To view or change permissions, select the item in the finder and choose File > Get Info.

I have checked the permissions. They all are listed as “Read & Write”. This problem is found when exporting the pictures to my desktop (on my main hardrive), to my secondary hardrive, and to one of my external hardrives.

Could someone kindly let me know what i can do so that exported photos are viewable? I was kindly informed by Terence Devlin (level 10) that:

"

This is a problem with your Finder and not iPhoto. One exported, these permission issues are a function of the Finder, so I'd ask that on the Using Mac OS X forum for whatever version of the OS you have.

"

Many Thanks

Peter

Mac OS X 10.9

iphoto 9.4.3

Mac Pro. 2 x 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2008 3,1 "Harpertown") 22 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM (RAM)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:04 AM

4 replies

'permissions' issue with exported iphoto pictures.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.