Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solved: Music Empty on iPhone - iTunes music doesn't Synch with iPhone 5

I know there are many threads on this subject and tens of solutions proposed, only to be followed up by people writing "tried that, but it doesn't work for me".

It is very hard to find a working solution in the threads which often run into the hundreds of posts. Even the posts which touch on the correct solution usually miss out the important step number 3 below. They just say "uncheck and re-check the "Synch button". i.e steps 2 and 4. I hope the trolls here will be forgiving of me re-starting a thread with detailed the solution. I think it will help alot of people.

Quick Solution:

1 Connect iphone and to iTunes on your mac

2 Uncheck "Sync music"

3 Click "Sync"

4 Re-check "Sync Music"
5 Clive "Sync"

6 wait a few hours. (mine syncs about 18 songs a minute, or around 1000 songs an hour so if you have 3000 songs, your wait could be nearly 3 hours)

7 Close the "Music" app on the iPhone (double click the round button, and slide the app upwards off the top of the screen

8 re-open the "music" App

Long Detailed Solution

I looked in the iPhone usage section: Swttings==>General==>usage==>Manage Storage==>Music.

I found that all the songs are supposedly on my iPhone and using up space, except that the App "Music" is showing completely empty.

To solve:

Connect the iPhone to your iMac.

On the iMac, click the iphone icon at the top of the itunes folder to open the iPhone Synch menu.

Below, on the settings menu, click "Music"

On the Right pane, uncheck the box "Sync Music"

In the bottom right of the screen, click on "Sync"

Click "Yes" or "Agree" to the warning which appears about deleting musinc on your phone.

Wait for the sync to finish.

Check the "Sync Music" button

Click the "Sync" button.

Wait a few hours for the Sync to finish.

iPad,iMac,iphone, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:30 AM

There are no replies.

Solved: Music Empty on iPhone - iTunes music doesn't Synch with iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.