Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with final cut pro x 10.2

I have MacBook Pro 13" 4GB Ram graphics 384 MB - when I open the application, sometimes it freezes and I have to close it.

You think ,do you have to increase the RAM or from 4 to 8 gb ?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:15 AM

4GB is not enough for a good experience with video editing, and updating to 8GB, if possible, may make total sense; but before you throw money at the problem, let's start with the basics: which version of FCP X and OS X are you using, and what exact model of MBP is this (if you don't know, hold down option key, go to the Apple menu and choose System Information... and post a screenshot of the Hardware Overview area)

The first course of action would be to clear the application's preferences, but again how to do this depends a bit on which version it is.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 2:15 AM in response to matteo001

4GB is not enough for a good experience with video editing, and updating to 8GB, if possible, may make total sense; but before you throw money at the problem, let's start with the basics: which version of FCP X and OS X are you using, and what exact model of MBP is this (if you don't know, hold down option key, go to the Apple menu and choose System Information... and post a screenshot of the Hardware Overview area)

The first course of action would be to clear the application's preferences, but again how to do this depends a bit on which version it is.

Jul 29, 2015 5:18 AM in response to matteo001

Luis' advice to clear the preferences is good advice. It may not be the original cause of your freezes, but anytime that happens there is a good chance that the application's prefs are going to be corrupted.

Increasing RAM s also a good measure, but lower-than-ideal RAM is not causing your problem…unless, of course, the installed RAM is defective. Run Apple Hardware Test (Apple Diagnostics). and see if it reports any issues.

Russ

problems with final cut pro x 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.