Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is search function (Command-F) in Pages document glitching?

Normally in Pages, if I search for a word within a document, it will highlight the results in yellow. But, today when I opened another document and searched, the highlight had no background color at all, making it very difficult to see.

Is there a reason why this may be happening in some documents and not others? Anyway to fix it? Thanks for the help!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:17 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 5:19 AM in response to steve-berlin

Since signatures are rarely kept current, I will take a leap of faith here and presume that you are using some version of Pages 5 on some release of OS X after Mountain Lion.

The Find command will highlight on a single match condition. If there is more than one match, one will have yellow highlight, and the remaining gray highlighted — which you can illuminate yellow with your choice of the Find directional arrows. Your choice of Whole Words, and/or Match Case in the gear options will also contribute to your Find result.

There are no other user configurable settings that will tweak Pages v5 Find results.

Why is search function (Command-F) in Pages document glitching?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.