Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many users can I support with Apple Remote Desktop

Hi.

If I purchase the Unlimited Managed System Edition of Apple Remote Desktop from the App store, how many users can I support. Is it really an unlimited amount?

I have read in places that I need to buy a licence for each user I want to support too. Is this correct? Where can I find pricing and Licencing details on ARD

Thank you.......Roly.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:17 AM

The version of ARD on the App Store is for unlimited systems and it really does mean what it says. At least in my experience it does.

Not sure where you're getting your information from regarding a licence for each user you want to support? My experience of ARD goes back to 2004 (Version 2) and I don't recall needing a client license then or since? Up until the advent of the App Store you used specific disk media to install the administration software as the client was (and still is) part of the OS anyway. The installer media could be purchased with two available 'options'. One allowing management of up to 10 clients (with a unique serial number on installation) and the other (again a unique but different serial number) for unlimited clients.

Does this help?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 5:17 AM in response to rjlee@work

The version of ARD on the App Store is for unlimited systems and it really does mean what it says. At least in my experience it does.

Not sure where you're getting your information from regarding a licence for each user you want to support? My experience of ARD goes back to 2004 (Version 2) and I don't recall needing a client license then or since? Up until the advent of the App Store you used specific disk media to install the administration software as the client was (and still is) part of the OS anyway. The installer media could be purchased with two available 'options'. One allowing management of up to 10 clients (with a unique serial number on installation) and the other (again a unique but different serial number) for unlimited clients.

Does this help?

How many users can I support with Apple Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.