Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bottom half of Ipod unresponsive,remember passcode but can't enter it,how can I access my photos and stuff?

I have a black Ipod 4th gen 32GB, can't remember the IOS but I know it wasn't any of the recent ones,I think it's IOS 6.1.5? It was working fine and all until I dropped it. I noticed that the upper half of it works because I can still play music when it's on but the bottom half is unresponsive and I can't enter my passcode. I tried backing it up before and I got the "please enter your passcode",I know the passcode I just can't enter it since the bottom half of my Ipod isnt working. Is there any way that I could get to my photos or would I have to get it fixed? I really don't want to have to spend money on something so old but then again I would love if I could find a way to get into it without having to enter the passcode directly on to my Ipod. However,if I do have to get it fixed and not by apple since they'll send me another one,will I lose all my data? Say I just got the screen and digitizer replaced,I'm assuming all of my photos,etc. would still be there but can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks a bunch!

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:15 AM

1 reply

Bottom half of Ipod unresponsive,remember passcode but can't enter it,how can I access my photos and stuff?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.