Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music with Sonos and with Apple TV

Hello! I'm in the 3 month trial period on Apple Music. And I have just bought me severel Sonos products. I also have 3 TV-sets with apple-TV connection. I have started to put music from Apple Music onto my playlists and here is the problem for me. Music from Apple Music on my playlist will not play with the Sonos player. And it will not show on my playlists on Apple TV?? I have found that the Sonos Playlist will play all music from Spotify. This facts will surely turn me over to Spotify. But I don't like it because I have been using Apple products since 1993!! I will still have my two Iphones, My Imac and all my Apple-TV's but this can be a turning-point for me.

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:04 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 5:42 AM in response to crash54

crash54 wrote:

Hello! I'm in the 3 month trial period on Apple Music.

Oh dear.... sorry to hear that. Enabling that breaks most existing music features, and disables Home Sharing.

crash54 wrote:

Music from Apple Music on my playlist will not play with the Sonos player.

That is not related to Apple Music. Thanks to DRM you can only play iTunes content on Apple devices.

crash54 wrote:

And it will not show on my playlists on Apple TV??

The new Apple Music service has new DRM restrictions and requires new updates to support it. Currently AppleTV has not been updated. They have said it might be some time this fall, but no other details have been given as to when.

Apple Music with Sonos and with Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.