Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable to Install Update" on iPad. Can not update to iOS 8.4. Any solution ?

Hello,

I have an iPad (3rd Generation) WiFi + Cellular 64 GB and I want to update to iOS 8.4. I am in the middle of a big issue with my iPad and I'm trying to fix it so I thought maybe updating will fix the problem but I can't update. Please read my previous post here : iPad crashes and reboots after few minutes of use. Any solution ? .

So when I try to update my iPad I get this error "Unable to Install Update" with "An error occurred installing iOS 8.4". The message only gives me two option Close and Settings. This should not be an issue with storage as I have 28.4 GB of storage free and the update is only about ~150 mb.

User uploaded file

I am not sure about if this is related but in the Diagnostics and Usage section I also got something like this which sounds like it might be related. please see this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k5dvyuzegydkpk/Photo%20Jul%2029%2C%205%2059%2039%20PM .png?dl=0 The photo was not being inserted in the post, so I tried to crop the image still didn't work so please go to the Dropbox link.

Also please note that I don't have any official Apple Store or Service Centers near me (in my country) but I do have lots of AASPs nearby (one's just across the street). So could AASPs help ? Also I don't want to update via iTunes because I don't have a Backup and don't want to lose all data, and I'm afraid of restoring or updating via iTunes as my iPad may shutdown in the process.

Please help me with this problem, especially my first post which is linked above. Please Please Please HELP ME.

iOS 8.3, iPad (3rd Gen.) WiFi+Cellular 64 GB

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:20 AM

There are no replies.

"Unable to Install Update" on iPad. Can not update to iOS 8.4. Any solution ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.