Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks is not accurate in displaying content precisely!

Of course if you only using completely opaque pages in your iBook you might never notice the effect but it is a real shame for an Apple software product which is on the market for such long time!

Swipe between two pages each with a different color, picture, or content (using a 2048 x 1536 pic images [red and grey] or 1024 x 768 when using a form) and you will notice a vertical 2 px line flashing to the left (which belongs to the previous page in red color) when displaying it on an iPad (see picture)!

User uploaded file

To visualize the effect I moved the red picture (background of my previous page) origin from y = 0 px to y = 500 px (see screenshot again)!

User uploaded file

Solution: One can cash the problem with a 2 px overlay (in grey color) on the previous page with the current page color … but hey, this is an Apple software product!!!!!!!!???? Why can’t they be accurate on this?

Further more I advise to move every content vertically by - 20 px offset to the top as you notice the current stage in iBook Author is 1024 x 748 (instead 768) px only when editing iBook content! Aligning your content at 0 px horizontally (as one might guess this is the default origin to align content with) will cause a gap of 20 px missing using full frame images when displayed on an iPad.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:27 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 6:12 AM in response to ekuwand

When importing and displaying Keynote presentations in full frame (1048 x 768 px) with the page origin x = 0 px and either y = 0 px or -20 px you have other flashing pixel lines around as well. APPLE — this ***** to the max! The only solution I evaluated ist to enlarge all content about 1 or 2 pixels larger then the recommended actual stage size of 1048 x 768 px (even 2048 x 1536 px causing the same result). Pretty much annoying if you want to make a multimedia book that is JUST accurate and precise!!! :—(((

Any other clues about how to fix these displaying issues?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iBooks is not accurate in displaying content precisely!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.