Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when trying to delete an app cannot stop the icons from jumping I have to shut down for them to stop

when deleting an app from my iPad, cannot stop the icons from jumping they are totally unresponsive, I have to shut down completely can anyone help

iMac

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:47 AM

Have you tried a reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, about 10-40 seconds, and then release both buttons.

Then try doing a deletion - but also note you cannot delete an app that was preinstalled with the iOS. You can only delete apps you added.

15 replies

Jul 29, 2015 6:17 AM in response to katoo

Then any posted solution is a workaround for what is either a hardware problem or software corruption. You should try restoring iOS using iTunes on your computer to eliminate or confirm software corruption.

And you said NOTHING in your first post about the HOME button being unresponsive. This is exactly what you wrote:

when deleting an app from my iPad, cannot stop the icons from jumping they are totally unresponsive, I have to shut down completely can anyone help

I don't see any mention of the HOME button in that text.

Jul 29, 2015 7:46 AM in response to katoo

katoo wrote:

many thanks, went to settings and deleted from there without a problem, but need to know why home button is unresponsive may need trip to apple store,

The first thing the Apple store will do is restore iOS on your phone using iTunes. So you may save yourself a trip by doing this before you go. And it's essential that you back up your phone to iTunes, iCloud or both before you go.

when trying to delete an app cannot stop the icons from jumping I have to shut down for them to stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.