Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 4 wont charge but when it dies it says its charged

I'm sorry if I confused you with the question...

I have an iPod Touch 4G that I got for Christmas (Its 5 or 6 years old) but both of the chargers that it came with are both broken (Turtleneck and spare had to be bent on a way) so I went to CVS and got a blue PowerXcel cord that worked for a few months but it started to stop so I bought another one, it did the same thing. Now whenever I plug it in, it does nothing (I feel a slight vibration on the end of the cord so I think its the device itself) but whenever it dies it shows the normal screen for me to plug it in so I plug it in and it works but when it shows the apple logo and the screen for my passcode but when I look at the top right, I see that it didn't work. But when I try to force it to restart it says that it died... Any solutions? This is the first time this was encountered

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:53 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 9:00 AM in response to thenorthwesthuskies

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. From yo description it is not clear that the newly pruchased cabled work for a wile or the second purchased cable did not work

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

ipod 4 wont charge but when it dies it says its charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.