Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ensure Security on iPhone

How do I know if my phone is under attack on any security vulnerability. I do always update my phone OS whenever the update is available.

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 9:27 AM

7 replies

Jul 29, 2015 9:31 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I am new to the iPhone and This is just to ensure that the data stored on the phone is secured. As the world moves on AIR/Cloud security about the data talks whole. If a person could have your personal information (Name, Contact Details, Credit Card details) there are possibilities to scam around. As a precautionary measure wanted to know about this.

Jul 29, 2015 9:36 AM in response to nganesh0402

If you are not experiencing anything that leads to to think there is an issue, it would be quite difficult to investigate (you basically can't prove a negative). So, no, there is no way to assure you there isn't a security issue. If you have not jailbroken the device, and follow some basic precautions (not clicking on links in emails you are not familiar with, protecting your login credentials for all accounts, avoid sensitive transaction on public WiFi, etc.) you will be fine. iOS is about as secure an operating system as you will find.

Ensure Security on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.