Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error trying to add feed

I've validated my feed at feedvalidator.org and have been able to manually subscribe to it in iTunes and another podcast app (Overcast). My feed is

http://christchurchconway.org/category/podcasts/feed/

When I try to submit my feed to itunes I initially get a message saying "we had difficulty reading this feed. connection reset." Since my feed is valid, I kept clicking "continue" anyway and after 6 or 7 more tries it went through. But then I immediately get an email saying

Dear podcast owner,

An error was encountered while trying to add your feed, [ http://christchurchconway.org/category/podcasts/feed/ ].

Please correct the error and submit your feed again. For additional information, please consult the podcast FAQ ....

It doesn't give any info about what the error is, so I don't know what to fix. Is there any way to figure out what this error is? The same thing happened yesterday so I emailed Apple support but haven't heard back.

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 4:48 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 5:00 AM in response to smbc99

I can't see any problem with the feed; the image is the correct dimensions and filesize, the episode file plays in a browser as it should, the feed can be subscribed to in iTunes and the server appears to handle byte range requests as required for iPhone. The content issues which can get some podcasts rejected wouldn't seem to apply to yours.

However the complaints that the connection was reset suggests the server is not reacting properly to requests specifically from the Store - we've seen other cases where this might be an explanation though I've never seen a confirmation that this can actually happen. You could ask the people running your server whether there are any logs which might clarify this.

It's also possibly that the Store is simply having a hissy fit - this is not unknown - so if you left it a couple of days and tried again it might work (or it might not).

There is no email contact for Support. If you want to try that route go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Submission Inquiry' and proceed from there. I can't promise you will get a helpful answer.

Jul 29, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks. I've never set up an RSS feed before so it's nice to know that at least the problem isn't in what I did. Our site is hosted with godaddy, most likely on their cheapest possible plan. I'll try to contact them. I'll also try submitting again in a few days.

You're right - to get support from itunes I had to submit an inquiry and was then given a ticket number. From what I've read of other people's experiences though I'm not overly optimistic. 🙂

Thanks for your help!

error trying to add feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.