Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access email -- Mail screen blanks out goes back to home page

On my ipad mini my email program has stopped working. When I open it I see the email icons at the top but the screen is completely white. My mail app Icon on the homepage shows the number of emails and it is going up as if emails are being received however when I press the app button the screen is completely blank.

iPad miniI -- software version is 8.1.3 --- which I had been running for a while with no issue.

I need to get this fixed as soon as possible help email is very important to my business.

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:02 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 7:20 AM in response to Rookaps

Try quitting the Mail app then reset the iPad.

To quit an app double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits the app. Then to Reset the iPad press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

Cannot access email -- Mail screen blanks out goes back to home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.