Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not my Search History?

Lately whenever I go to search something on google on my phone my recent search history is of things I've never searched, such as how to make home made bongs, or directions to local eateries. It's kind of sketching me out. Is there a way to remotely search from other people's devices? It is my phone connected to someone else's somehow? Because almost every time I come on there are things which I hadn't searched for. Does it have to do with the wifi maybe?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:54 AM

This has nothing to do with your iPhone. Google search "remembers" the search history done by you or anyone with your google credentials across all platforms that you use. So this probably means that someone else is logged in to Google with your Google ID.

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 7:04 AM in response to FullModz

There's another possibility. Google analyzes your search terms, finds other users who have used your search terms and adds what they searched. Which is why I never use Google to search. You can change the search engine on your iPhone in Settings/Safari. You might want to try duckduckgo, which does not track your searches in any way, and only saves your history if you enable the feature. It's also the default search engine for new iOS devices.

Not my Search History?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.