Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone USB charger is not working. Is there a 1 year warranty and if so what do I need to do to get it replaced?

Iphone 5S with charging cord it came with. I dont live near an apple store but saw they had a one year warranty on the accesories and woundered if that was the charging cord as well. It will some times charge if I give the cord the correct pressure up or down. Other cords work with no problem on my phone. This cord does the same thing with anyones phone.

Thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:02 AM

3 replies

Jul 29, 2015 6:12 AM in response to EDHR2

With apple care plus and Apple care the charger is covered but not from any type of abuse. When I had a charger that didn't work out of the box I took it to an Apple store the genius plugged it in to test and then replaced it. Since you don't live near an Apple store, maybe give Apple a call and find out how you could handle the situation and if it would even be covered. I have always just gone to an Apple store but that's not an option give them a call and see what they say.

Jul 29, 2015 6:20 AM in response to AJ397

questionasker3 wrote:

With apple care plus and Apple care the charger is covered but not from any type of abuse.

You do not need to have AppleCare or AppleCare+ in order to have accessories that came with an iPhone replaced. The general 1 year warranty covers the iPhone, the charging cable, the outlet adapter, and the earphones. If you get AppleCare+ then your warranty is extended to 2 years for the iPhone and all included accessories.

Iphone USB charger is not working. Is there a 1 year warranty and if so what do I need to do to get it replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.