Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't print over wifi from non Apple devices. Namely, Dell computer and hp computer. Checked IP address on file for HP printer and it matches on computer. Any ideas. Did not have this problem with previous linksys router.

I can't print over wifi from non Apple devices. Namely, Dell computer and hp computer. I checked IP address on file for HP printer and it matches the IP the computer has on file for the printer. Any ideas? I did not have this problem with previous linksys router.

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:56 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 3:54 PM in response to Dkahl16

Did you just replace your Linksys router with an Apple AirPort Base Station?

Since a router comprises the heart of a network, replacing it often requires reconfiguring each of its clients. Most likely, you will need to research the documentation for your Dell and HP computers to determine how to do that.

Apple uses Bonjour for local device discovery. Non-Apple devices generally don't use Bonjour. One possible solution that may work for you is to download Apple's Bonjour for Windows:

Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2

If not, contact HP and / or Dell for assistance.

I can't print over wifi from non Apple devices. Namely, Dell computer and hp computer. Checked IP address on file for HP printer and it matches on computer. Any ideas. Did not have this problem with previous linksys router.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.