Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring updated apps to iTunes

Hey,

I update my iPhone apps through the App Store on my iPhone.

I like to transfer the new versions of the apps to iTunes from time to time. I do not like to have to download the app update twice.

However, the "transfer purchases from" option does not transfer the updated version of the apps.

It used to work fine but now it does not. I have tried reauthorising my computer and restarting both mac and iTunes but it did not help.

Also resyncing does not help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:32 PM

ALSO apps purchased via iPhone are not transferring to mac.

4 replies

Oct 2, 2015 4:48 AM in response to coocoo121

I have a similar problem, I have both an iPhone 5 and iPad Air2. I update the apps from the app store on each device and from time to time I synchronise it with iTunes on my pc using the "transfer purchases" option. This is useful because it avoids downloading the same update multiple times. However recently I notice that the transfer purchases has stopped working. I tried re authorising the pc and resynching but this did not solve the problem. Can anyone help?

iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, ios 9.0

Transferring updated apps to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.