Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have IPAD 2 which took the ISO 804 update recently. Now I cannot send or receive email and it keeps saying to check internet connection?

I have 2 brand new routers and 2 IPAD 2's with the exact same problem since taking the update. Email works fine in my home office computer so I know it's due to the update on both IPAD's. How can I reslove this issue or Uninstall the Update???

iPad 2, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:26 AM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2015 6:27 AM in response to deb246

Hello deb246,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that your iOS devices are unable to connect to your new network configuration, thus causing them to not be able to connect to the internet or email. To troubleshoot this issue please follow the directions in the first article below. I also advise you make sure your Wi-Fi network is configured to our recommended settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Have a good one.

Jul 31, 2015 6:42 AM in response to chuck_3rd

No it's nothing to do with the new router. We have not had any problems with network connection or configuration for almost a year until I took the IOS 8.4 update. Only my IPADS were affected. Today I can receive email but still can't send on either of them. We checked email configuration and compared to our home office computer. EXACTLY the same set up for Incoming and Outgoing but doesn't work on IPAD since the update. I CAN connect to WIFI no problem using Google or any search engines. It's something all of a sudden that happened with the OUTGOING email ---not able to send but all configurations are set up correctly. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Jul 31, 2015 6:45 AM in response to deb246

Hi deb246,

Now that you're no longer having an issue with the internet connection, you can start to troubleshoot the mail accounts. If you have a Gmail account please follow the first article below. For all other mail account types follow the second article.

Gmail account cannot get or send email in iOS - Apple Support

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great weekend.

I have IPAD 2 which took the ISO 804 update recently. Now I cannot send or receive email and it keeps saying to check internet connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.