Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with original and remastered album

I own the original CD of Roger Waters' "Amused to Death", which I ripped and is in my iTunes/Match library.

I just purchased the remastered/reissue of the album from Amazon (CD/Blu-ray) and downloaded the MP3s with Amazon's "auto-rip" feature. They were automatically added to my iTunes library.

I noticed that all the tracks, from both versions, were showing up under the same album in iTunes. So I decided to add "2015" to the album name of the new tracks.

But when I did this the original album in Match shrunk from 14 to 7 tracks. I checked my iTunes library and some of the original album tracks had the 2015 added to the album name. So I deleted the "2015" and now the NEW album as missing tracks on Match. Again, only 7 tracks instead of 14.

Can someone help me to sort this out so I can keep both versions in iTunes?

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:21 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Ok, I noticed that the tracks on the 2015 album that were missing in Match showed the duplicate iCloud status in my iTunes library.

So I clicked on the duplicate icon and told chose "delete duplicate" and "move file to trash". When it did this the track also disappeared from my iTunes library.

So I moved the file from the trash to my desktop and from there I dragged it back into my iTunes library. I waited a bit and it then showed up in Match, in the proper album and no longer showed the duplicate icon so I did that to each of the other tracks and now everything SEEMS to be working correctly.

I have both albums in Match, each with all 14 tracks. Now, I haven't yet listened to them to make sure I'm getting the original AND remastered songs but I will do that later.

Problem with original and remastered album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.