Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having To Manually Point Programme at Time Capsule

Hi all,

I'd appreciate some help with the following please:

Issue:

I have a "My Book for Mac" 2 tb drive plugged into my Time Machine. I am running Lightroom 6 CC on my Mini and Pro. All my photos are stored on the MyBook and I access the photos through LR6 on either the Mini or the Pro.

However, my issue is, I have to manually point the Pro or Mini at: (Shared) Apple Time Machine > My Book For Mac > Lightroom Photos every time I switch on.

I can always see the Time Machine in Finder. If I click Time Machine in Finder, it takes a couple of seconds to gather info, then the My Book and its contents show. It's really annoying that I just have to manually show LR6 where the folder is every time.

Is there a way around this please?

Equipment:

Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3GHz i7 Yosemite 10.10.4

3tb Time Machine 7.7.3 (connected via ethernet to Mac Mini) Bridge mode (Time machine is connected to router and modem upstairs via Cat7 ethernet)

Macbook Pro Retina Early 2015 2.5GHz i5 Yosemite 10.10.4 (connects wirelessly to bridged network produced by Time Machine)

My Book for Mac 2tb external hard drive. Connected to Time machine as a network drive.

Thank you.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 7:53 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 3:45 PM in response to mark cort

This is not a problem I have dealt with but thinking about it, you should be able to create a symbolic link to a network share.

See https://30stechie.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/redirecting-folders-in-os-x-to-a-netw ork-drive/

It is a bit different but since Yosemite is now using SMB.. most of the ideas there should work..

What might fail is spin up.. we are finding not all USB drives connected via a USB on the end of a long chain.. wireless--TC--USB--USB to SATA converter.. manage to get the signal through.. hey wake up.. I need some files..

Having To Manually Point Programme at Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.