Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem in connecting macbook air with mobile broadband E1550

Hi!

I just bought macbook air last week and having problem to connect with my mobile broadband stick (HUAWEI E1550). Although it do appear the icon, but I still can't connect which an pop-up appear " Please upgrade Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to 1.5 or later before installing the application." Does anyone know what does it mean? I had download Java 8 update 51, but still doesn't help me in this issue.

Does anyone here know the solution? Can you please assist me?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Ling

MACBOOK AIR (11-INCH, EARLY 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:56 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2016 6:29 PM in response to ysl_ling

Maybe a bit late, but I just bought my new Mac Air and I had exactly the same problem as you: Huawei E1550 does not work with the new OS X EL Capitan, with the same pop-up about JAVA, I also upgrade Java and nothing... but I found the solution thanks to the post of Dr.Mac. in this community on Aug 4 2013, I downloaded the drivers for Maverick he posted and it works !!!

Here you are:

Huawei Drivers

Cheers

problem in connecting macbook air with mobile broadband E1550

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.