Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running the Applications Install DVD

I wanted to reinstall the iMovie '09 app (version 8.0.6) that came with my iMac (now running on OS X 10.7.5 but the original disks that came with the iMac are for OS X 10.6.1). But when I insert the Applications Install DVD into the iMac (with hopes of reinstalling iMovie), it just keeps spitting it out without doing anything.

Would appreciate any help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 7:20 AM

5 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:11 PM in response to themafusa

Assuming you have iLife 09 or 11, Insert disc, it should open on insert.

Open the iLife package.

The system will do a check to see if all is OK to install.

In the Installer Window, click Continue.

In the info window, click Continue.

Select you language. Default is English. Continue.

Select Agree.

In the disc contents window, click Customize.

Select the required items by checking the box beside them.

If you are selecting iMovie, it would make sense to select iDVD plus its extra contents. Box has click down arrow.

The rest of the Apps are up to you if you need them or not. Google each if you are not sure.

You can install iPhoto but it won't work on OS 10.7.5 from the iLifr 09, you may need iLife 11.

Select where you want to install them and click Install.

Enjoy.

Jul 29, 2015 11:02 PM in response to logic79

Logic79, I really appreciate you taking time to write this step-by-step warlk through.

Unfortunately I do not have iLife 09 or 11. Where can I get it?

Someone else suggested that I upgrade to the latest OS X (is this possible/expensive?) and buy/install the latest iMovie for $14.99.

Would finding/buying iLife 09 or 11 be the cheapest/easiest option? Would appreciate your thoughts. If you agree, where can I buy one and how much does it cost?

Many thanks again for the input

Running the Applications Install DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.