Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add my gmail account to my MacBook 12?

I just received my new MacBook 12 for my birthday (woohoo!!) and am still getting things set up. I would like to see my gmail account along with my iCloud when I check my emails. I usually check my emails from my iPhone 6. The help assistant offered to add it when I was logging in to my gmail but I had forgotten my password and didn't let it add the account at that time.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 4:21 PM

Open Mac Mail.

From the Mac Mail menu bar click Mail > Preferences then select the Accounts tab then click ➕ under the panel on the left then click Google then follow the instructions.

Instructions if you need to reset your Gmail password > Change or reset your Google Account password - Gmail Help

Happy Birthday! 🙂

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 4:21 PM in response to happy gal 64

Open Mac Mail.

From the Mac Mail menu bar click Mail > Preferences then select the Accounts tab then click ➕ under the panel on the left then click Google then follow the instructions.

Instructions if you need to reset your Gmail password > Change or reset your Google Account password - Gmail Help

Happy Birthday! 🙂

How can I add my gmail account to my MacBook 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.