Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long can i download a movie?

Dear community,

I have bought a few movies some time ago.

Lately i came to the conclusion that i cannot re-download them in iTunes anymore.

Can someone tell me for why this is? When i bought them i expected that i could re-download them forever.

Thank you,

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 7:47 AM

7 replies

Jul 29, 2015 8:13 AM in response to The.first.nizza

Availability of iTunes redownloads - Apple Support

While the feature is available in the Netherlands, Digital content in the iTunes store is controlled by the rights holders. They can choose to remove it form the store at any time. Apple has no control over this. Any digital purchases should for that reason always be downloaded and backed up locally.

If the movies you bought are not longer available, there's nothing to be done, other that wait and see if they become available again.

How exactly where you attempting to download them? Are you sure you bought these movies with the same Apple ID you are using now?

Jul 29, 2015 8:54 AM in response to The.first.nizza

Yes, all digital content may be removed without notice from the stores, and as such not be available to re-download later.

As Per the iTunes Store Terms & Conditions

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

As an accommodation to you, subsequent to acquiring iTunes Eligible Content, you may download certain of such previously-acquired iTunes Eligible Content onto any Associated Device. Some iTunes Eligible Content that you previously acquired may not be available for subsequent download at any given time, and Apple shall have no liability to you in such event. As you may not be able to subsequently download certain previously-acquired iTunes Eligible Content, once you download an item of iTunes Eligible Content, it is your responsibility not to lose, destroy, or damage it, and you may want to back it up.

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/nl/terms.html

Om u van dienst te zijn, kan u – nadat u iTunes Geschikte Content hebt verkregen e bepaalde van dergelijke eerder gekochte iTunes Geschikte Content downloaden op een Gekoppeld Apparaat. Sommige eerder aangekochte iTunes Geschikte Content is mogelijk niet op elk moment beschikbaar om later te downloaden en in een dergelijk geval is iTunes niet jegens u aansprakelijk. Aangezien het kan voorkomen dat u niet in staat zal zijn om bepaalde eerder gekochte iTunes Geschikte Content later te downloaden, nadat u het eenmaal gedownload heeft, rust op u de verantwoordelijkheid om het niet te verliezen, te vernietigen of te beschadigen, en daartoe zal u wellicht een back-up willen maken.

With that said, what movies are these? Are you not able to find them at all? Or are you finding them, but just for purchase?

Are they not listed in your Purchases in iTunes anymore? Did you perhaps hide them at any point?

Jul 29, 2015 8:55 AM in response to The.first.nizza

Yes, any content can be removed by the rights-holder at any time (you are only guaranteed one download of any item). You will also not be able to redownload films, music etc if you move countries after buying them (purchases are tied to the country as well as to the account).

If you haven't moved countries, then have you checked to see if they are hidden from the Purchased section : Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

How long can i download a movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.