Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't transfer files into folders on pages app, it won't let me drag a new doc into an existing folder on iCloud drive, where on my iPhone its a simple hold and drag.

Every time i create a new document on pages application it won't let me drag it into an existing folder, where on my iPhone its a simple hold, then i see wiggly files and put them in the designated folder, why won't it work on mac in my iCloud drive in pages app?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:15 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 1:28 PM in response to Moreeivgi

A couple of points. OS X runs on the Mac, and IOS runs on your iPhone. Pages on your iPhone is an entirely different implementation than OS X Pages, and uses features unique to IOS.

The NSSavePanel that you see when you save a Pages for Mac document borrows some visual Finder features, but drag and drop are not among them. You can choose to Save/Save As… your document in iCloud Drive, or later drag and drop it with the Finder.

i can't transfer files into folders on pages app, it won't let me drag a new doc into an existing folder on iCloud drive, where on my iPhone its a simple hold and drag.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.