Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text in rows overlapping

Hello,

I have been working in numbers and I have just come across an issue where the text in about 1/3 of the total rows in my document are now overlapping. It seems that it has the text of two rows in one single row, although the total number of rows are still the same. This has just started to happen now, It may have started as i selected 'add new row below' but I am not sure.

I have pasted the whole thing into excel and it displays fine but then if i try and paste that back into numbers it gets worse and almost all rows then have this overlapping text.

Anyone know what might be wrong here, have I done something wrong?

Any responses much appreciated.

Thanks

Example:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:19 AM

Hi j.j.,

I think you have duplicated you table. Since tables are transparent you are seeing the original table thru the copy. If you grab the bullseye in the upper left corner you can drag the top table away from the bottom and see it clearer. i suspect that the top table has your most current data but check before you delete.

quinn

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 8:19 AM in response to j.j.tennant

Hi j.j.,

I think you have duplicated you table. Since tables are transparent you are seeing the original table thru the copy. If you grab the bullseye in the upper left corner you can drag the top table away from the bottom and see it clearer. i suspect that the top table has your most current data but check before you delete.

quinn

Text in rows overlapping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.