Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2.1.16 won't sync to my iPhone 5

I've recently added some music to my iTunes after having updated to version 12.2.1.16 and am having problems getting my iPhone 5 to sync the changes I've made.

I tried following the iTunes Help guide ("Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad") so that I can sync only selected songs/ablums/artists but some of the settings options it refers to are not appearing in my version of iTunes.

User uploaded file

When I follow the instructions and go to the "Music" option under settings when I have connected my iPhone, the following is the only option I have:

User uploaded file

As you can see, there is no option to sync only selected playlists/artists etc. I have also tried going through summary, selecting "sync only ticked songs and videos", then going back into my library and "unticking" the songs I do not want to appear on my iPhone. When going back to my iPhone and clicking sync, iTunes appears to show that my iPhone is syncing, but the changes are not being shown on my iPhone.

User uploaded file

Hopefully someone can help!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:15 AM

3 replies

iTunes 12.2.1.16 won't sync to my iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.