Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to backup pdf files from ibooks on iPad

Wanna make sure I have a backup of all my private pdf files in ibooks.

So how can I easy make a backup, or export all my files onto my macbook pro ?

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 9:02 AM

Connect the iPad to your Mac's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases (that should copy PDFs and/or epubs in the iPad's iBooks app, not just ibooks from the iBookstore : About iBooks - Apple Support

Please note, these ePub and PDF files will only transfer once. After that, you must download them directly from the website to your computer.

And then in the iBooks app on your Mac do File > Move Books From iTunes (or it not using an up-to-date Mac they will be in the Books part of your Mac's iTunes library).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 9:02 AM in response to Atle Dahle

Connect the iPad to your Mac's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases (that should copy PDFs and/or epubs in the iPad's iBooks app, not just ibooks from the iBookstore : About iBooks - Apple Support

Please note, these ePub and PDF files will only transfer once. After that, you must download them directly from the website to your computer.

And then in the iBooks app on your Mac do File > Move Books From iTunes (or it not using an up-to-date Mac they will be in the Books part of your Mac's iTunes library).

how to backup pdf files from ibooks on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.