Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new mac book air. How do I get the music saved from my icloud?

I have a new mac book air.

First i want to save my music and audio file fomr my Iphone 5 to my mac book air but i don't know how to do it.

Then i want to have the music saved in my icloud. How do I get it on my new computer?

Thanks for help

MACBOOK AIR (11-INCH, EARLY 2015)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:13 AM

You have this all backward. The primary repository and source for music in iCloud and on your phone is your computer. You transfer it from your old computer directly to the new one. Do not rely upon your phone or iCloud as being an archive or backup for media.

Moving a library: Quick answer if you use iTunes' default preferences settings: Copy the entire iTunes folder (and in doing so all its sub-folders and files) intact to the other drive. Hold down the option (alt) key (shift on Windows) and open iTunes. At the prompt to create or choose a library choose the iTunes Library.itl file in the copied iTunes folder.

When this is to a new computer put the copied iTunes folder in the default location of Macintosh HD > Users > *User Name* > Music then you don't even need to start with the option key held down, iTunes will automatically look for it there. (Make sure there isn't anything already in the iTunes folder there that you want to keep since you will be replacing it with the one you are moving.) Also remember to authorize the computer in iTunes to your Apple ID if you use this to sync to Apple mobile devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 8:13 AM in response to axelleyogini

You have this all backward. The primary repository and source for music in iCloud and on your phone is your computer. You transfer it from your old computer directly to the new one. Do not rely upon your phone or iCloud as being an archive or backup for media.

Moving a library: Quick answer if you use iTunes' default preferences settings: Copy the entire iTunes folder (and in doing so all its sub-folders and files) intact to the other drive. Hold down the option (alt) key (shift on Windows) and open iTunes. At the prompt to create or choose a library choose the iTunes Library.itl file in the copied iTunes folder.

When this is to a new computer put the copied iTunes folder in the default location of Macintosh HD > Users > *User Name* > Music then you don't even need to start with the option key held down, iTunes will automatically look for it there. (Make sure there isn't anything already in the iTunes folder there that you want to keep since you will be replacing it with the one you are moving.) Also remember to authorize the computer in iTunes to your Apple ID if you use this to sync to Apple mobile devices.

I have a new mac book air. How do I get the music saved from my icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.