Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hyperlinks

Hello,

I just set up hyperlinks in my children's book in iBooks author. They work fine however when I go to preview the book none of them work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), i just purchased my MAC

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:19 AM

5 replies

Aug 5, 2015 8:56 AM in response to sb0117

Hello again,

I did download my book to the iPad and the same thing happened. The hyperlinks worked in the actual iBook Author program but not on the preview for my Mac or my iPad.

I then tried to redo the hyperlinks using bookmarks. I tried to select the text to create a bookmark but when I did neither the + or - were highlighted, i.e. could not create a bookmark no matter what text I selected. I tried on several different pages with the same result.

Very frustrated and don't know what I am doing wrong. I've watch all the youtube videos and read the tutorials and am doing everything the way it is explained but still no success.

I have the latest version of IBooks Author but maybe it is corrupt or something. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Aug 5, 2015 8:31 PM in response to catonpub

One thing I know is that you can only create bookmarks with text that is in a layout text box, not in a text box you add on a page. That will give you the greyed out + and -

But that doesn't explain your hyperlinks not working. I'm a little puzzled by that. I guess it's possible there's some file corruption happening. Can you try to replicate the hyperlinks in another using a new template, just as a test?

Hyperlinks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.