Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloning a Mac

Hi,

not too sure where I should really ask this question as it's nothing to do with Mac OS ( 10.10, 10.9, 10.8 & so on ).

It's more of a general question for any OS.

So my question is:

Is it possible to 'Clone' a Mac ( Super Duper comes to mind ) which also has 'Bootcamp' ?

By Cloning I mean the 'Whole' Mac including the Bootcamp partition ?

I work at a University and I have tested a Mac with BC, it works and does what is required ( better than using a 3rd party software - Parallels is one ).

I now have another 25 Mac's which need the same set up. It is a pain as it doesn't always work first time ( building a Bootcamp Partition/ windows 7 ), so

can take for ever.

So my thinking is - Making a 'Clone' of this one that works, is this possible ? Or does anyone know of a solution if not possible ?

Steve ( UK )

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:54 AM

13 replies

Jul 29, 2015 12:54 PM in response to golf king

golf king wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this not 2 'Clone's ' though and not just One whole Clone !

However back to your suggestion, how do I then copy this over to the other Mac's ( Clone ) ?

Another Q, how do I Clone the Mac side using DU ?

Steve

If you are using SuperDuper then you simply use SuperDuper's restore feature. If these are new Macs that you are setting up and want to use the clone as the starting point, simply connect the clone to each iMac on it's first startup which will launch Setup Assistant and OS X will ask if you are migrating from another Mac, select yes and follow the on-screen prompts. Apple explains this process more fully in:

Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Some rules of thumb regarding migrating:

• DO NOT use Wi-Fi!!
  • The safest and overall fastest method is via USB.

Here's how to restore from a SuperDuper! backup:

1. Connect the backup drive to the computer, if it is not already connected. ...
  2. Open the SuperDuper! application. ...
  3. Select the backup disk from the Copy menu.
  4. From the To menu, select the hard disk you want to restore the backup to.

As for restoring the MS Windows aspect that I cannot help you with.

Cloning a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.