Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in to Apple ID

I was having trouble with downloading anything from the app store recently - I would tap get, and then install, but never get a screen to type in my Apple ID password, which means I could not download the app that I wanted to. I figured I would try to sign out and then back in to my Apple ID, but I am having a similar problem. I was able to sign out, but when I entered my password I get the spinning circle in the top left corner of my phone, showing that it's loading. Well it has been loading for over 20 minutes now and still has not signed me in. Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:57 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 8:53 AM in response to daviiid34

Howdy daviiid34,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From the description of your post it looks like your iPhone is unable to connect to the iTunes Store. To start troubleshooting this issue please follow the steps below.

Fix issues on your iOS device

If you can't connect to the iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Make sure that your date, time, and time zone are correct. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
    Time Zone might list another city in your time zone.
  2. Make sure that your iOS software is up to date. Tap Settings > General > Software Update or connect your iOS device to iTunes and click Check for Update
    on your device's Summary page.
  3. Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're using cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > Cellular.
    If you're connected to cellular data, larger items might not download. You might need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  4. Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. Check your device's user guide for help with Internet connection.
  5. Check to see if other devices, such as portable computers, are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  6. Reset (turn off and then on again) your Wi-Fi router.

If there's still an issue, learn what to do if your device won't connect to a Wi-Fi network.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Have a good one.

Cannot sign in to Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.