Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble synching bluetooth keyboard with iPad2

I'm trying to synch the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac with my iPad. I use the onscreen iPad keyboard at home (if I want to do serious writing I do that from my iMac anyway) but it would be nice to have a real keyboard when I travel. I changed the batteries in the keyboard to make sure they were powered up (btw, both by wireless keyboard and mouse seem to need new batteries very often, but one problem at a time). I moved the keyboard and iPad away from my desktop so there would be no conflict. I turned on bluetooth on my iPad settings. It says "Now discoverable as Jay's iPad" and beneath that ti says "Devices" with a spinning dashed circle. The circle keeps spinning but no keyboard (or any device) shows up. I've tried pressing the button on the right side of the keyboard that makes the little green light flash but no luck. My iPad is running iOS 8.4 This could be a general issue with my bluetooth, to my knowledge I've always left bluetooth off in the past and have never used it on the iPad. Unfortunately, I don't have another bluetooth device to check and see if its an issue with bluetooth in general on my iPad or with this keyboard.

iPad, iOS 5, 64Gb

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 9:48 AM

There are no replies.

trouble synching bluetooth keyboard with iPad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.