Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder saving jpegs as documents

I have downloaded pictures onto my desktop and then imported them into iPhoto. When I look at the info button on the bottom right in iPhoto, it says "jpeg" and "Nikon D3000" and has the MB size of the file.

However, when I try and export these pictures from iPhoto to Shutterfly (or snapfish or the like), it tells me the files is not a jpeg and thus it is not supported by the 3rd party website. When I right-click on the same file in Finder (this is the image I'd downloaded to my hard drive before importing into iPhoto),and click on "Get Info" it says the file is a document (not a JPEG) and wants me to open it with text editor.

Anyone know why this is happening? I am really frustrated. I can individually open each file in finder with text edit and save it (again) as a JPEG but this seems quite unnecessary and extra work.

Additionally, if I want to make a book from these images using iPhoto and the default book maker, there is no issue. But I want to use Shutterfly and not the Apple book maker so I am stuck.

The iLife community told me to move this to the OS X community as a Finder issue, so that's why I'm here and not on iLife community.

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 9:41 AM

There are no replies.

Finder saving jpegs as documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.