Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving songs between iTune libraries

I created a second Apple ID on my Intel iMac. I now have 2 different song libraries on iTunes. How do I move songs from one iTunes library to the other one?

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:38 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2015 12:08 PM in response to ultltd

The ship has sailed. There are already 2 separate Apple IDs and a separate iTunes library associated with each ID. If I go to Finder to locate the songs, I can only see the songs associated with that Apple ID. I can't figure out how to move them to the other iTunes library since I can't log into both accounts at the same time.

Aug 5, 2015 7:35 AM in response to ultltd

An Apple ID isn't the same as an user account on the computer.

If you have one Mac OS X user account, open the other library, control-click any song in iTunes, and choose to show it in the Finder.

If you have two Mac OS X user accounts, proceed as above, move the individual song files or the entire iTunes library to /Users/Shared/, and from there into the other user account. If you moved the entire library, you can instead launch iTunes with the Option key held down and choose it.

(131284)

Moving songs between iTune libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.