Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received email picture transfer to Photo File

How do I transfer photo received as an email attachment on my iPad to my Photo file? Clicking on the options doesn't have "Photos" as a location where I save the picture. I selected "Copy" but it won't allow me to paste in the Photo folder? I know that there's a way to do it but can't find the right command.

iPhone 6 Plus, Windows 7, iPad Air 2 Cellular

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:29 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 11:48 AM in response to TonyP_Vil

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in describing my situation in the above description.

I received an email that had a picture attachment on my iPad. I then want to save/move/transfer that picture into my iPad Photo folder. After doing so, I'll delete the email. When looking at the options available with the picture open, I see, Message, Mail, Open in Abode Acrobat, Open in Dropbox,, etc. It also has a copy command, however after clicking copy then opening the Photo Folder, a paste command does not appear in the Collections section of the Photo folder. It doesn't seem to have an option to select Photo as a location to save the picture.

Jul 29, 2015 3:48 PM in response to TonyP_Vil

How do I transfer photo received as an email attachment on my iPad to my Photo file?

You seem to have gotten this to work. You got the photo in the camera roll or where ever 8.4 puts the pics.

You got the copy command to do something hence you got the photo out of your email. I suspect you misunderstand what the copy command does. I have ios 7.1.2. The copy command seems to make a temporary duplicate of the photo and place you in edit mode for the photo. You have to edit the photo then the save command will appear.

To move to a different album:

Tap on the album you want to move the picture from

tap on select

tap on picture you want to move

tap on the words "add to" don't know why this isn't some icon

tap on album you want. The picture is moved.

Copy a picture from Apple's mail app seems a little convoluted to me, but this is what we have.

I use the BeFunky for all my photo editing needs. It's free. You have to start you edit from the BeFunky app not apple's Photo app.

R

Received email picture transfer to Photo File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.