Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with mac to tv connection

hello guys, i own a 21,5 inch iMac (mid 2014) and i recently bought a thunderbolt to hdmi adaptor. the problem is that although it worked fine for a couple of days, after that it either didn't work or it worked but after 30 minutes. Now it doesn't work at all. i have tried everything (such as "detect displays", SMC reset) and i also checked the hdmi cable with a ps3 and it worked and the adaptor too.

please help me cause i got a BIG problem,

thanks

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:11 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2015 10:27 AM in response to Con����

Okay, please reset the SMC and PRAM 2-3 times each. Please use the instructions in iMac SMC and PRAM reset.

If these do not work, then we may need to find more information about how your system is configured. You can help us by providing an EtreCheck report of your system, especially when you are having the problem. You can get EtreCheck by clicking http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Jul 29, 2015 10:35 AM in response to Con����

Con���� wrote:

i dont

mid 2014

When did you purchase your iMac? You should be still under its 1 yr standard warranty.

the problem is that although it worked fine for a couple of days, after that it either didn't work or it worked but after 30 minutes.

Were you using your comp at the time the problem occurred?

Any cable obstruction (s)?

Have you double checked your iMac to TV connections?

Read your TV manual for TV to comp connection troubleshooting?

User uploaded file

problem with mac to tv connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.