Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my apple TV has just 2 apps?

Hi,

My apple TV was working fine, but when I returned from a week of vacations, I tried to use it again and it now only has 2 of at least 10 of the apps I had. Also, Why doesn´t it accept my apple id any more? I´m pretty sure that is correct, I use the same one in my Mac. I already tried updating, restarting and reseting it, but it remains with the same problems.

Hope someone can help.

And thanks for your time(:

Apple TV, Software: 7.2 (7512)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:42 AM

If those 2 apps are Computers and settings then it's having trouble connecting to the network.

Make sure DNS is set to auto (settings - general - network)

If on wifi try ethernet

Ensure router has port 123 open (refer to manual if unsure)

Test on another network

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 1:39 PM in response to ValeGza

Assuming this is not the first time you have used your Apple TV

1. You might try restarting the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  2. Also try restarting the router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  3. If the problem persists, try a restore, you may want to try the previous procedures several times before doing this.
  4. If restoring from the Apple TV doesn't help, try restoring from iTunes using a USB cable.

If this is a new Apple TV, in addition to trying the above, it may also be that your network router is not allowing access to the timeserver, check that your router allows access over port 123.

You might also try connecting to a different network and then trying again on your own, you might try at a friends or use the wifi hotspot on your mobile phone if you have one.

Why does my apple TV has just 2 apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.