Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering to Reset Computer

I was beta testing Windows 10 and decided that I don't like it and want to roll back to Windows 7 (I *THINK* I can do so via the recovery option of Windows 10 as I didn't back up anything prior to installing 10) but once I roll back to 7 if possible, I will have lost my itunes library so I am wanting to know how I can save it to reinstall once I roll back to 7. I believe at some point in time I used my actual ipod as an external drive when I transferred from an old laptop to a current one. Is such a transfer mode still possible, if so can someone link me a tutorial?

Thanks!

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 1:25 PM in response to musiclover1984

If you haven't reset already then backup to an external drive as recommended. SeeBackup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy for a suggested tool which you can also use for other sets of data & documents. You should be backing up your data on a regular basis rather than as a last minute action before an attempted downgrade. Your iPod is not the ideal device for this task, you should get an additional drive that you will be able to carry on using in future.

tt2

Transfering to Reset Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.