Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad continually refreshing 2015

I Bought my iPad September 2014.

I noticed immediately the constant refreshing.

i called Apple they told me an update to help that glitch was coming out soon. Be patient .

i have reset to factory settings three times in ten months.no luck.

Ten months later and up to date with IOS the problem still exists.

Apple would like me to bring it to one its stores 90 minutes away.

I am concerned they will give me a limited credit toward a new iPad

which was not right from initial purchase.

Interested in knowing if this has been a known" glitch" and am I

going to get the run around ?

thanks

iPad 2, iOS 8.4, Hardware Glitch ?

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:30 PM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2015 1:35 PM in response to dianefromwilmington

I think you have to explain exactly what you mean by refreshing. Are you talking about Safari constantly refreshing web pages? If this is a known glitch, I don't know about it and haven't seen any lengthy discussions about it here in ASC, bit once again, I think that you need to clarify in order to be sure.

IF there is a hardware issue with your iPad, it is still under the one year warranty, so don't expect the worst if you have to make a trip to an Apple Store. If there is a problem that can't be solved by the Apple Store techs, you might very well get a replacement, but go into it with an open mind, be honest, and polite. Explain exactly what the symptoms are and go from there.

Jul 29, 2015 1:43 PM in response to Demo

HI

Thank you for your reply.

Safari is not the issue as of this writing.

it primarily is an issue with all of my apps.

it has begun to be an issue with retrieving

email from an open app.

I have to turn the iPad off and on several times for the issue

to stop. Approx. five minutes later it starts all over again.

i have a strong wifi connection. iPhones and additional

iPads are running smoothly.

Jul 29, 2015 1:52 PM in response to dianefromwilmington

This behavior certainly isn't normal or expected behavior as you well know. I think that you would be best served taking the time to make an appointment at an Apple Store and let them look at it. If the iPad does have a problem, it should be replaced under the warranty. If they can sort it out for you, and you don't need a replacement, then so much the better.

iPad continually refreshing 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.