Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore-Multi Devices

Dear all

I'm not an expert with backups & restore process, hopefully I will find an answers to my questions here.

- I have an ipad 4 and 3 iPhone devices ( 5s, 6 , 6 )

- I'm using 2 Apple ID's accounts.

- My iPhone is working on ios 7, while the 6 is working on is 8.

- I have only 1 icloud backup for my iPhone 6.

If I restored my new iPhone 6 with the old backup from icloud with the same apple ID of the old iPhone 6, would any data in the previous iPhone be affected/deleted ?

can I restore from the same backup morethan once? or the backup file get deleted after I restore ?

what happens to whatsapp, email accounts in the old iPhone 6 ? if I restored it In the new iPhone 6?

Is it possible to efficient to update my ipad to ios8? currently its using ios6.

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:41 AM

4 replies

Jul 30, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Squall90

Squall90 wrote:

Dear all

I'm not an expert with backups & restore process, hopefully I will find an answers to my questions here.

- I have an ipad 4 and 3 iPhone devices ( 5s, 6 , 6 )

- I'm using 2 Apple ID's accounts.

- My iPhone is working on ios 7, while the 6 is working on is 8.

- I have only 1 icloud backup for my iPhone 6.

If I restored my new iPhone 6 with the old backup from icloud with the same apple ID of the old iPhone 6, would any data in the previous iPhone be affected/deleted ?

No.

can I restore from the same backup morethan once?

Yes.

what happens to whatsapp, email accounts in the old iPhone 6 ? if I restored it In the new iPhone 6?

Nothing. They will still be there and still work, unless you clear the old iPhone 6. You will get duplicate messages on the 2 phones.

Is it possible to efficient to update my ipad to ios8? currently its using ios6.

Yes, just go to Settings/General/Software update. Or update it using iTunes.

Restore-Multi Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.